At Meadowbank Day Nursery we are always keen to hear from candidates who can bring skills to our team and provide exceptional childcare.
All of our vacancies will be listed on this page. If we are not showing any vacancies below, please feel free to email your CV over and we will keep it on file. Please use the Contacts page to locate our nursery email address.
Current vacancies October 2018:
Level 3 Nursery Practitioner- Maternity Cover
We are a homely, caring and cheerful nursery based in Abergavenny and we require a Nursery Practitioner. Applicants must have a minimum level 3 qualification and preferably hold up to date Paediatric First Aid, Child Protection and Food Hygiene certificates. Suitable candidates will also have previous childcare experience and experience working as a Room Leader is desirable.
Full time, up to 40 hours per week, working Monday – Friday
Start date: As soon as possible. Offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory application, interview, trial day, references and Enhanced DSB Check.
Purpose of Post
• To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in their care.
• To give support to other team members throughout the nursery
• To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
Responsible to Nursery Manager/ Room Leader
• Operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
• To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys, share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
• Liaise with and support parents and other family members
• To be involved in out of working hours activities e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events etc.
• To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
• Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery philosophy is fulfilled
• Read, understand and adhere to all policies relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manger.
• Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Manager has initialled the report bore parents receives it.
• Look upon the nursery, as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised? Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children.
• Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects each child
• To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
Specific childcare tasks
• The preparation and completion of activities to suit each individual child’s stage of development and interests
• To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person
• To ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social sharing • Washing and changing children as required
• To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
• Ensuring a poorly child is kept calm and warm and management is notified immediately
• To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
• To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
• To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and ensure all staff uphold its standards at all times, both within work hours and outside.
Meadowbank Day Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and a Disclosure and Barring Service check
Playwork Opportunities x 2
Play Workers for a busy After School Club
Would you like to work in a playful environment with Primary School Children?
Due to expansion we are looking to employ 2 Playworkers to join our successful team.
Playworkers help provide and extend play opportunities for children.
Starting from October/November 2018.
Hours: 3.00-6.00pm, Monday to Friday
If you are interested in a job, please contact Claire by email for an application form and full job description- firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideally applicants will have a relevant Level 2 NVQ (or equivalent) or above, preferably in Playwork, and have some experience of working with 4 –12 year olds in a play environment.
Successful applicants will join us in providing high-quality, safe and stimulating after school care for the children attending Meadowbank Day Nursery
All posts are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and reference checks.
If you possess a positive team player approach, enjoy working with children and are looking for part time work (15 hours per week), then we are looking for you!